Are you looking recipes for tamales ? Tamales is a traditional food originating in Mexico, made usually with corn dough which is wrapped in leaves and steamed. There are many variations of recipes for tamales and ways of preparation. This recipe for tamales is without many complications. Tamales of corn flour with butter, stuffed with shredded meat in a sauce of Green Tomato and serrano chile.
Green Tamale Recipe
- 1/2 kilo of chicken meat
- 300 grams of green tomatoes
- Green Serrano chiles, to taste
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of cilantro leaves
- 1/4 kilo of butter
- 1/2 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 kilo of flour for tamales
- Corn husks, soaked in hot water and drained
1. Cook chicken meat in a pot with salt and water until it is soft. It shreds finely.
2. Put the tomatoes and chiles in a saucepan, cover with water and let that they simmer until tomatoes have changed color and are soft, but not undone. Blend tomatoes and peppers along with the onion, garlic and cilantro.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a saucepan over medium heat and pour the sauce above; FRY for a few minutes, then add the shredded chicken meat and season with salt to taste.
4. Beat the rest of the butter in a large bowl until fluffy. Adds the powder baking, salt, soup chicken and flour; still whisking until all ingredients have been incorporated. The dough is ready when a a lump of it can float in a glass of water.
5. To assemble tamales, put 2 tablespoons of dough and 1 tablespoon of filling on each sheet of Tamale. Well fold tamales and accommodate them to rack of a steamer pot of boiling water. Cover and cook until the Tamale easily sheet, approximately 1 hour.
Sheets should be soaked in water hot for several hours to make them soft and manageable. Be sure to soak them and drain them with time.
This recipe is one of the most popular recipes for tamales, especially in Mexico, usually eaten in the afternoon snack or breakfast, and can be salted or sweet. The original Tamale is made with dough, there are many forms and styles to prepare them and has the advantage that you can fill almost with any dish you like, can be very nutritious if you choose ingredients such as vegetables, tofu, soy, spinach, seaweed, pickles, beans, peas, cheese, corn, etc.