Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings
- 2.5 pounds chicken wings/drumettes
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup agave
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- chopped green onions (garnish)
Mix all the ingredients together (except green onions). Pour into a large plastic bag with chicken. Brine overnight in the refrigerator or at least 6-8 hours.
They cooked really quickly—in less than fifteen minutes. If you prefer to cook in the oven, roast at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until juices run clear.
Sprinkle with chopped green onions and serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing.