Bacon Jalapeño Popper Meatballs
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 sweet onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup gluten-free breadcrumbs or cracker crumbs
- 1 egg
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Salt and pepper
- One 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large jalapeño chile — stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the beef, pork, onion, crumbs, egg and crumbled bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Divide into 32 portions.
- In a small bowl, mix the cream cheese, cheddar and jalapeño. Form sixteen 1-inch balls.
Shape 2 portions of the meat mixture loosely around 1 cheese ball. Repeat with the remaining meat and cheese mixtures.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat and working in batches of about four, fry the meatballs until golden all over. Keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.