Peach and Cinnamon Cobbler
- Butter for coating dish
- 6 cups peaches, halved, pitted, and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch salt
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, plus additional for dusting
- 3 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2/3 cup heavy cream, plus additional for brushing
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 2 1/2-quart baking dish. In a medium bowl, stir together the filling ingredients. Pour filling into the prepared dish; set aside.
For the topping, in a food processor or large bowl, pulse or whisk together the 1 2/3 cups flour, the sugar, baking powder, and salt. Pulse or cut in the butter until the
mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Slowly add the 2/3 cup cream, mixing until the dough just comes together. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and pat together. Form the dough into 2-inch balls. Flatten balls gently with the palm of your hand.
Evenly arrange the dough rounds on top of the filling. Brush a little cream over the rounds. Bake about 1 hour or until the biscuits are golden and the filling is bubbling.
Servings: 6 to 8