Delicious and very moist. Even better the second day.
Black-Bottom Banana Bars
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat until thoroughly combined.
- Blend in the bananas.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide batter in half.
- Add cocoa to half; spread into a greased 13-in x 9-in pan.
- Spoon remaining batter on top and swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until the bars test done.