Great for a breakfast or dinner side
Cheesy Hash Browns
makes 4 servings
- 1 (2 pound) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces shredded Colby cheese
- 5 1/3 tablespoons butter, melted
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons crushed corn flakes cereal (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Mix hash brown potatoes, sour cream, onion, cream of chicken soup, Colby cheese, and melted butter in a bowl; season to taste with salt and black pepper. Transfer mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish and sprinkle top with corn flake crumbs.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the casserole is bubbling, about 1 hour.