A classic favorite stuffed mushroom is taken to new heights by wrapping in a slice of bacon. Simple, but will melt in your mouth
Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Mushrooms
makes 20 appetizers
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 20 fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 pound sliced bacon, cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together the green onions and cream cheese . Stuff mushroom caps with the cheese mixture. Wrap each mushroom with a half-slice of bacon, and secure with toothpicks. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until the bacon is cooked through.