This is a thick, sweet cornbread that tastes like you are eating cake. This is a no-fail recipe, you can't go wrong! If there are any leftovers, we have the cornbread the next day for breakfast served with honey and butter,,
Sweet Buttermilk Cornbread
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup canned or defrosted corn kernels
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease an 8" square pan.
- Melt butter, stir in sugar and eggs.
- Combine buttermilk and baking soda, stir into butter mixture.
- Stir in cornmeal, flour, salt and corn kernels. Do not over mix, leave some lumps.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- To store for more than a day, freeze. To revive yummy cornbread reheat in microwave