Sugary and sweet, it's perfect for breakfast or dessert. Treat your family to an American classic..
Old Fashioned Lemon Pound Cake
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 2 cups cups unbleached flour + teaspoon salt, sifted
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 Bundt cake pan
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter and flour a bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar with an electric beater until the mixture is pale and creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Beat in the lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating until just combined after each addition.
- Fold in the flour and salt mixture in 2 batches, mixing after each addition until well combined. Be careful not to over mix.
- Spoon the batter into the bundt pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a skewer poked into the cake comes out clean.
- Cover the pan loosely with aluminum foil if the crust browns too quickly.
- Remove cake from oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove the Old Fashioned Lemon Pound Cake from the bundt pan and place onto a wire rack to cool completely.