These dangerously good brownies are a recipe from Betty Crocker. I like my brownies extra fudgey, so I always cook for less time than recipes call for. Enjoy!
New Orleans Praline Brownies
- 1 box fudge brownie mix (I used Ghirardelli)
- water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie box
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom of 9"x13" pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Make brownies as directed on box for fudge brownies (adding water, oil, and eggs). Stir in pecans.
- Bake as directed (slightly under cook) then cool for about an hour then lift aluminum foil and brownies from pan leaving the brownies on the foil. I did this, to make the pan easier to clean so the icing could pour down the sides.
- In a small-medium sized saucepan, mix whipping cream, butter, and brown sugar.
- Remove from heat, then stir in toasted pecans, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Cool 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour and spread frosting over brownies. Allow to set for a few minutes before cutting into squares.