Seasoned saltine crackers that are simple to make and add a special touch for your dips and spreads at parties
- 1 lb unsalted saltine crackers (4 sleeves)
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Line crackers on ends (like dominoes) in an air-tight container.
- In a small bowl, mix oil, dressing mix, peppers, and garlic powder.
- Stir until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Continue to stir to prevent the pepper from settling on the bottom of the bowl.
- Spoon mixture evenly over crackers, like drizzling icing on a cake.
- Close lid tightly and flip the container over every 5 minutes for about 20 minutes. Lightly shake back and forth to make sure all the crackers are coated.
- Store in a ziplock bag. Will keep for about a week -- if they last that long!