A creamy side dish that is baked in a delicious cheese sauce. This is the best broccoli rice casserole you will ever eat!
Broccoli Rice Casserole
makes 10 servings
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 cups instant rice
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) package processed American cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook broccoli and rice according to package directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, mix cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, and 1 1/4 cups water. Gradually stir in cheese until melted. Be careful that the cheese doesn't burn.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook and stir celery and onion until soft.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, rice, soup and cheese mixture, celery and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, until bubbly and lightly brown.