Cream Cheese Pound Cake
Makes 8 servings
- 1 ½ cup · Butter -- softened
- 1 packages · Cream cheese -- softened
- 3 cup · Sugar
- 6 large · Eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon · Vanilla extract
- 3 cup · All-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon · Salt
- Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until yellow disappears.
- Add vanilla mixing well.
- Combine flour and salt, gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- Fill a 2-cup, ovenproof measuring cup with water; place in oven with tube pan.
- Bake at 300°F for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.