This is the classic Chocolate Cream Pie that you have been searching for. Consistency, depth of chocolate flavor and level of sweetness are perfect
Chocolate Cream Pie
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 5 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 (14 ounce) can eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (9 inch) baked pastry shells
- Mix water and cornstarch and cocoa until smooth.
- Sir in Eagle Brand milk and egg yolks.
- Cook until thick in saucepan or microwave.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add vanilla.
- Cool slightly (stirring occasionally).
- Pour into baked pie shell.
- For meringue: Preheat oven to 400°.
- Top with meringue and brown.
- Or may top with whipped cream after chilling pie.