I have tried many other peanut butter cookie recipes, but this one is still our favorite. Crispy, but a light texture . . . they almost melt in your mouth!
Grandma's Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup carnation powdered milk
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter and peanut together in a large bowl.
- Add sugars and eggs, mix well.
- Sift together dry milk, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, stir into butter mixture.
- Let dough stand 15 minutes.
- Roll into balls, about the size of a walnut and place on a slightly greased baking sheet.
- Flatten with a fork, dipped in flour, criss-cross fashion.
- Bake at 375 degress for 10-12 minutes.
- Watch closely and remove when tops just start to brown.
- Wait about 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet. Cool on racks.