Heavenly Pie ( Lemon Meringue Reversed)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 egg whites, beaten till stiff not dry
- 4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 pint heavy cream, whipped
- Sift together 1 cup sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar.
- In a large grease-free mixing bowl beat the egg whites at a slow steady speed. When they are foamy gradually add the cream of tartar and sugar mixture. When the meringue begins to form soft peaks, increase to a moderate beating speed.
- Beat another 5 minutes, until the meringue is thick, but still glossy, and forms peaks when the beaters are lifted.
- Line a well greased 9 or 10 inch pie pan with meringue mixture to form a pie crust.
- Bake for 1 hour at 225 degrees.
- Stir in 1/2 cup sugar to egg yolks with lemon juice and zest, cook in double boiler (or Micro) until very thick about 8-10 minutes.
- Combine 1/2 whipped cream with Lemon egg mixture and fill meringue shell, chill 24 hours.
- Cover with remaining whipped cream.
- Serve AWAY!