photo credit: http://www.ivillage.com
White House Salad for “The Biggest Loser"
- 1 head of fresh lettuce
- 1/3 cup olive oil (for dressing)
- 1 cucumber
- 4 tbsp lemon juice (for dressing)
- 2 fresh in-season tomatoes
- 1 tsp honey (for dressing)
- 1/4 red onion
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- For the salad: wash and dry the lettuce. Tear it into bite-size pieces. Peel the cucumber and cut it into bite-sized bits. Wash the tomatoes and cut them into bite sized pieces. Peel the onion and slice it as thin as possible. Wash and chop the basil into large pieces.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions and basil. Toss together so the ingredients are well mixed.
- For the dressing: place the dressing ingredients in a container with a tight-fitting lid. Cover the container and shake vigorously.
- Add the dressing to the salad, toss and serve immediately.
original recipe: http://www.ivillage.com/white-house-salad-biggest-loser/3-r-319466#axzz2CBqR9Thh