Gooey Pecan Pie Bars
original recipe: http://www.midwestliving.com/recipe/bars/gooey-pecan-pie-bars/
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup light-colored corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, granulated sugar, and salt. Using a pastry blender, cut in 3/4 cup butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. press the mixture evenly into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, and 1/2 cup butter. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Place the eggs in a medium bowl. Gradually stir about 1/2 cup of the hot mixture into eggs. Return all mixture to saucepan. Stir in pecans and vanilla. Pour nut mixture over baked crust.
- Bake the bar cookies for 30 to 32 minutes more or until the filling is set. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars to serve.
Makes: 20 to 32 servings
Yield: 20 to 32 bars
Prep 25 mins
Bake 45 mins
Servings Per Recipe 20, cal. (kcal) 363, pro. (g) 4, vit. A (IU) 534, calcium (mg) 30, sat. fat (g) 9, iron (mg) 1, sodium (mg) 175, fiber (g) 2, chol. (mg) 75, carb. (g) 39, Fat, total (g) 23