photo credit: http://www.culinaryconcoctionsbypeabody.com
Pumpkin Spice Bread with Maple Cheesecake Layer
original recipe: http://www.culinaryconcoctionsbypeabody.com/2008/09/11/number-3-been-in-a-hockey-fight/
Maple Cheesecake Layer:
- 9 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 6 tsp real maple syrup (I use grade B)
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 1 TBSP all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
Pumpkin Spice Bread:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pumpkin puree(plain, not the already made pumpkin pie kind)
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Lightly grease and flour three mini loaf pans. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the maple cheesecake ingredients; beat until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and spices; set aside.
- Place pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl of an electric stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, beat for about 1 minute, until fully combined
- Add flour mixture into the pumpkin mixture and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the pecans.
- Pour half of the pumpkin bread batter evenly into the three prepared loaf pans. Spoon cream cheese mixture on top of pumpkin batter layer and then pour on the remaining pumpkin batter.
- Bake in preheated 325° oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a wooden skewer inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool bread in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from pans and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve at room temperature or cool.