Cinnamon Roll Cookies
original recipe: http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/cinnamon-roll-cookies/af4a833d-bac0-4043-a14d-63a396a5918b
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
1. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, softened butter, flour and egg until dough forms. On floured surface, roll dough to about 1/4-inch thickness. Brush with melted butter.
2. In small bowl, mix granulated sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly over dough. Roll up dough jelly-roll fashion, starting at long side. Wrap roll in plastic wrap. Freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
3. Heat oven to 375°F. Cut dough into 3/4-inch slices. On ungreased cookie sheet, place slices 2 inches apart.
4. Bake 11 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
5. In small bowl, mix powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.