This is the most popular cake thats sold here at Apple Hill during harvest time.You can omit the walnuts if you wish or you can add raisins or dried cranberries.
Apple Hill Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups diced apples
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- Combine sugar,oil,and eggs in a large bowl, stirring until well mixed.
- Stir in diced apples and nuts.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, nutmeg,cinnamon and salt, then add to bowl.
- Stir all ingredients together to form a batter (do not overmix).
- Pour into 9x13 inch greased pan.
- Bake one hour in a 350 degree oven.