A lovely desert that’s as visually appealing as it is flavorful.
Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle
Servings: 20 servings
- 1 12-ounce carton Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon
- 1 30-ounce can pumpkin pie filling
- 1 5.1-ounce package cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2 14-ounce packages gingerbread mix
- 1/2 cup gingersnaps (optional)
Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cardamom into the pudding. Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, clear bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped cream. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped cream. Sprinkle of the top with crushed gingersnaps if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Trifle can be layered in a punch bowl.