Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Black Olives, Garlic, and Feta Chees
original recipe: http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/spaghetti-with-tomatoes-black-olives-garlic-and-feta-cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatoes (about 3), seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup Kalamata or other black olives, pitted
- 1/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 3 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
In a large glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine the tomatoes, olives, feta, capers, parsley, salt, and pepper.
In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the spaghetti until just done, about 12 minutes. Drain.
Meanwhile, in a medium frying pan, heat the olive oil over moderately low heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the cooked pasta and the garlic oil to the tomato mixture and toss.
Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Black Olives, Garlic, and Mozzarella: Use 3/4 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/4-inch pieces, in place of the feta.
Spaghetti with Tomatoes, Olives, Garlic, Feta, and Fresh Herbs: Use 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 3 tablespoons mixed chopped fresh herbs, such as tarragon and chives, in place of the parsley.