Lemon Cilantro Avocado Pasta Salad
Makes: 5-6 cups
- 2 1/2 c. dry Hodgson Mill’s bowtie pasta
- 2 c. spinach
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/4 c. onion finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 avocados diced
- 1 can chickpeas (or navy beans) drained and rinsed
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes cut in half
For the Dressing:
- Juice of 1 med/lg or 2 small lemons
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. agave
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- dash of salt and pepper
1. Fill a pot with water and a sprinkle of salt and bring to a boil. Cook pasta until done, about 7-9 minutes. Once done, drain pasta and set aside and let cool.
2. Using a food processor (or a really good knife), process cilantro and spinach until it becomes finely chopped.
3. Add greens to a medium bowl and fold in diced garlic and onion. Next fold in tomatoes, avocado, and beans. Toss in cooked pasta, then pour dressing on top and fold into salad until coated.
4. Set in fridge for at least 10-15 minutes to let flavors set.
original recipe: http://www.hodgsonmill.com/lemon-cilantro-avocado-pasta-salad/