original recipe: http://www.ragester.com/showthread.php?480-Reuben-Rolls
- 3/4 cup Thousand Island dressing
- 1/4 cup Dusseldorf mustard
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup minced onion (divided)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- 8 ounces corned beef (ground or shredded)
- 6 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 12 to 15 egg roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil
Make dipping sauce by combining dressing, mustard, vinegar, 1 teaspoon minced onion, the garlic, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce. Set aside.
To make rolls: Combine corned beef, cheese, sauerkraut and remaining 1/4 cup onion and mix well. Place about 2 tablespoons of the mixture in the center of an egg roll wrapper. Roll up as directed on package, sealing edges with a little water.
Deep-fry rolls in 2 to 3 inches of vegetable oil, heated to 325 to 350 degrees, until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes, turning to brown evenly. When done, remove from oil with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel. Serve with dipping sauce.
Makes 12 to 15 rolls.