Caramel Apple Crisp
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 8 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels, halved
- 1 cup apple cider, divided
In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Press half of the mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
Layer with half of the apples, caramels and 1 cup oat mixture. Repeat layers. Pour 1/2 cup cider over top.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Drizzle with remaining cider; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until apples are tender. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 485 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.
original recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Caramel-Apple-Crisp-2