photo credit: http://www.cupcakeproject.com
Mudslide Cupcakes with Baileys Irish Cream
original recipe: http://www.cupcakeproject.com/2010/01/mudslide-cupcakes-with-baileys-irish.html
- 2/3 C sugar
- 2 C flour
- 1 1/2 t baking powder
- 1/2 t baking soda
- 3 T ground coffee (your favorite kind)
- 3/4 C unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 C melted vanilla ice cream (you could also make this with coffee or mocha ice cream)
- 1/4 C homemade Kahlua (store-bought would work just fine)
- 1/4 C homemade Baileys Irish Cream (store-bought would work just fine)
- A little bit of chocolate for shaving on top (optional)
- 12 chocolate-covered espresso beans (optional)
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and coffee in a bowl.
- Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl for 1 minute until light and fluffy.
- Beat eggs, ice cream, Kahlua, and Baileys into the butter/sugar mixture until blended.
- Fold in flour mixture.
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 F for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the cupcake clean.
- Top with Baileys Irish Cream whipped cream (see above), shaved chocolate, and a chocolate covered espresso bean.
Baileys Irish Cream whipped cream
- 2 C heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 C sugar
- 2 T homemade Baileys Irish Cream (yes, store-bought would work just fine)
- Whip heavy whipping cream until it looks like whipped cream.
- Mix in sugar and Baileys Irish Cream until just combined.