photo credit: http://allrecipes.com
Grilled Garlic and Herb Shrimp
original recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-garlic-and-herb-shrimp/detail.aspx
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 2 pounds large shrimp (21-25 per pound), peeled and deveined
Whisk the paprika, garlic, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, olive oil, pepper, basil, and brown sugar together in a bowl until thoroughly blended. Stir in the shrimp, and toss to evenly coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, turning once.
Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Lightly oil grill grate, and place about 4 inches from heat source.
Remove shrimp from marinade, drain excess, and discard marinade.
Place shrimp on preheated grill and cook, turning once, until opaque in the center, 5 to 6 minutes. Serve immediately.