photo credit: http://www.coconutsandcardamom.com
Coconut Chocolate Chip Banana Bread with Glaze. gluten free
original recipe: http://www.coconutsandcardamom.com/peggys-famous-coconut-chocolate-chip-banana-bread-gone-gluten-free/
- 1 cup flour (Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour)- Bob’s Red Mill’s
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sour milk or soy milk (almost 4 tablespoons of the milk mixed with 1 teaspoon vinegar)-let sit for two minutes-it will curd slightly
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 cup mashed banana (the older the better unless it smells)
- 2 handfuls chocolate chips (healthy version…cocoa nibs)
- 1 handful shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons milk or soy milk (I used hazelnut coffee creamer)
- Heat oven to 350 Degrees F
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl
- Mix wet ingredients in another bowl
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together
- Pour into greased and floured bread baking pan
- sprinkle 1 handful of chocolate chips and shredded coconut on batter in pan and swirl with a knife.
- Add remaining chocolate chips and coconut on top
- Bake at 350 Degree for 45-50 ( tin pan) 50-55(glass pan) minutes. My oven bakes for 46 minutes in a tin pan.
- When cool, drizzle with glaze.
Instructions for glaze…
- Put 1 teaspoon of milk of choice into confectioners sugar and slowly add more milk if needed to get desired consistency. It should be rather thin.
- If you want a healthy glaze, take honey and drizzle the bread and sprinkle with cinnamon!