photo credit: http://www.culinary.net
Spicy Thai Crab and Sweet Corn Fritters
original recipe: http://www.culinary.net/recipes/RecipeDetail.aspx?id=5503#.UAYE4OkrT-c.pinterest
- large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat, drained, flaked and picked over for cartilage
- 1 1/2 cups frozen (thawed) or canned sweet corn kernels
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro or Thai basil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Canola oil for frying
- Thai Chili Roasted Garlic Dipping Sauce or other favorite dipping sauce
In medium bowl combine eggs, fish or soy sauce, chili garlic sauce and ginger. Stir in crabmeat, corn, green onions and cilantro. Add flour; stir until ingredients are combined.
In 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1/2-inch canola oil until hot. Carefully spoon crab mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls into hot oil, flattening slightly with spoon. Cook fritters about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown and crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining batter.
Serve immediately with dipping sauce.