This enchilada recipe will have you at the dinner table in less than an hour..
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pound lean ground beef or 1 package fully cooked shredded beef
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) mild enchilada sauce
- sour cream (optional)
- ¾ cup shredded pepper-jack cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 small corn tortillas (6-7 inches diameter)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown ground beef, onion and garlic over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef up into ½-inch crumbles. Pour off drippings. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in ½-cup enchilada sauce from one can. Set aside remaining sauce from that can.
- If using fully cooked shredded beef, stir in ½ cup enchilada sauce and follow recipe below.
- Pour second can of sauce into a shallow dish. Dip tortillas, one at a time, into sauce to coat both sides. Spoon one-eighth of beef mixture evenly down the center of each tortilla and roll up. Place seam-side down in a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil. Bake in 350°F oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil. Spoon reserved enchilada sauce over enchiladas. Sprinkle with the cheese. Continue baking uncovered for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with sour cream if desired.