A perfect two bite treat, surprisingly not over-the-top sweet, adorable and YUM!!
Rolo Brownie Bites with Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 box fudge brownie mix plus necessary eggs, oil & water per package instructions (or your favorite homemade recipe)
- 24 Rolo candies plus extras for the cook's snack
- 4 TBS. butter, softened at room temperature
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 TBS. caramel sauce
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
Remove all the wrappers and refrigerate the Rolo candies. Pre-heat oven to 325F. Prepare brownies according to package directions. Grease a 24 cup mini muffin tin with cooking spray and fill each cup 3/4 full with batter. Bake for 15-20 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and immediately press a Rolo, smaller side down, into the center of each brownie bite until the top of the Rolo is even with the top of the brownie bite. Cool for a couple of minutes then carefully remove the brownie bites from the pan to a cooking rack. Allow to cool completely.
To make the frosting, whip the butter and cream cheese together until smooth. Add the caramel sauce and blend. Add the confectioners sugar and whip until creamy and smooth. Using a pastry or plastic bag with a piping tip, pipe the frosting onto the top of each brownie bite. Chill in the refrigerator to set the frosting a bit before serving.