I was trying to make lemon cookies, but ended up making something totally different and I was glad with the outcome." —
Lemon Pound Cake Cookies
makes 28 cookies
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup salted sweet cream butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Cream sugar and butter together in a bowl using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Whisk flour and baking powder together in a separate bowl; gradually beat into creamed butter mixture until just combined. Beat eggs, 1 at a time, into butter-flour mixture until dough is thoroughly mixed; stir in lemon extract. Drop small scoops of dough onto a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies spring back when touched, 10 to 12 minutes.
You can add a lemon glaze for more flavor if you'd like, or even add lemon zest to make the lemon stand out more.