Banana Split Pie
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 box graham cracker crumbs
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 bananas, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool-Whip, thawed
- 1 (4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, stemmed
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Chocolate Syrup, optional
In a 9x13 glass or porcelain dish, combine 1 stick of melted butter and graham cracker crumbs. With a fork, incorporate the butter until the crumbs are coated. Firmly press into a crust in the bottom of the pan.
In a medium bowl, cream together the other stick of softened butter, eggs and confectioners' sugar; beat for 15 minutes. Spread evenly on the graham cracker crust. Layer banana slices evenly on top of butter/sugar mixture; layer pineapple on top of the bananas. Evenly spread the Cool-Whip and garnish with cherries and pecans. Drizzle optional chocolate syrup over the top. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Keeps well refrigerated for about a week.
Note: I prefer this without the chocolate syrup