Candy Cane Bark
original recipe: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/candy/candy-cane-bark/
- 6 ounces chopped chocolate-flavor candy coating
- 3 ounces chopped milk chocolate bar
- 6 ounces chopped vanilla-flavor candy coating
- 3 ounces chopped white chocolate baking squares
- 1/4 cup crushed pepperment candy canes
1. Line a large baking sheet with foil. In a small, heavy saucepan, melt chocolate-flavor candy coating and milk chocolate bar, stirring over low heat until smooth. Pour onto baking sheet and spread into a 10x8-inch rectangle; set aside.
2. In another small, heavy saucepan, melt vanilla-flavor candy coating and white chocolate baking squares, stirring over low heat until smooth.
3. Slowly pour white mixture over chocolate mixture on baking sheet. With a thin spatula, swirl white mixture into chocolate mixture. Shake baking sheet gently for even thickness.
4. Sprinkle with crushed candy canes. Chill 30 minutes or until firm. Use foil to lift candy from baking sheet; break candy into pieces. Makes 1-1/4 pounds.
from the test kitchen
Layer pieces between waxed paper in an airtight container; cover. Store in refrigerator up to 3 days. Serve at room temperature.
nutrition facts (Candy Cane Bark)
cal. (kcal) 55, Fat, total (g) 3, chol. (mg) 2, sat. fat (g) 2, carb. (g) 6, pro. (g) 1, calcium (mg) 20, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet