photo credit: http://www.pauladeen.com
Zesty Grilled Tilapia
original recipe: http://www.pauladeen.com/recipes/recipe_view/zesty_grilled_tilapia/
- 1 teaspoon Paula Deen Hot Sauce or to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 6 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 6 tablespoon olive oil, plus additional for brushing
- 6 (6-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- mango coconut rice
Place the fish in a large nonmetal dish. Whisk together the 6 tablespoons oil, the orange zest, orange juice, ginger, hot sauce, salt, and pepper, to taste; pour over the fish. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes.
Meanwhile, prepare grill. Brush the fish with additional oil. Grill until fish just flakes when tested with a fork, about 5 minutes per side for each inch of thickness.
Serve alongside Mango Coconut Rice.