photo credit: http://www.jaymimphotoblog.com
Shrimp and Pesto Pizza with Goat Cheese
original recipe: http://veryculinary.com/2012/02/16/shrimp-and-pesto-pizza-with-goat-cheese/
• 4 (6 inch) round pizza crusts or flat breads
• 2 heaping tablespoons pesto spread
• 20 small-medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• salt and pepper
• 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place your crusts on nonstick baking sheets. Evenly distribute and spread the pesto over each crust; set aside.
Coat the shrimp with the olive oil and then sprinkle with the garlic and some salt and pepper. In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, sear the shrimp for about 1 minute, flip and cook for another 30 seconds.
Place 5 shrimp on each pizza, sprinkle with the mozzarella and goat cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese starts to brown on the edges. Let cool for just a minute or so and serve.