Strawberry Pretzel Salad
Servings: 8 to 10 servings
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple
- 2 cup boiling water
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen strawberries
- 2 3-ounce packages strawberry gelatin dessert mix
- 1 8-ounce container Cool Whip
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 2 cup crushed pretzels
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- For the crust, mix the pretzels, butter, and 3 tablespoons of sugar. Press this mixture into a 9x13-inch pan and bake for 7 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and 3/4 cup of sugar. Fold in the Cool Whip, and spread over the cooled crust. Refrigerate until well chilled.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the gelatin in the boiling water, and allow to cool slightly. Add the strawberries and pineapple, and pour over the cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until serving time.
- To serve, cut slices and serve with a dollop of Cool Whip.