For me this has been the best coconut pie I ever tasted. I have made this pie several times, its an easy breezy if you follow the directions you will have a good pie. Don't over measure the butter, milk and eggs, use exact amount stated in the recipe and your pie will not be runny with the right temperature setting on your oven.
Best pie in the world Butter Coconut Pie!
Yield: Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
- 1 (9-inch) frozen piecrust
- 1 cup sugar $
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour $
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (3.5-ounce) can sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line piecrust with parchment paper; fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Remove paper and weights.
- Combine sugar and flour in a large bowl; stir in eggs, blending well. Stir in coconut and next 3 ingredients, blending well. Pour filling into prepared piecrust.
- Bake at 325° for 35 to 40 minutes or until pie is set.