Whoo-oo dare eat this menacing owl? Everyone! Though they look especially spooky, these chocolate-dipped pretzels are a hoot to make.
To make, follow these steps:
- Dip large pretzels in melted confectioner's coating. Place the pretzels on wax paper.
- As the coating sets, sprinkle with coarse black decorating sugar. Press a black jelly bean to the twist of each pretzel for the nose and small pieces of licorice candy onto the base of the pretzels for the talons.
- Separate a sandwich cookie and press the halves onto the pretzel for eyes.
- Ice white candy pieces and press onto each cookie eye, then add chocolate chips to them for pupils.
- Use black licorice twists as eyebrows.