Peanut Butter Custard Blast
original recipe: http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Peanut-Butter-Custard-Blast
- 2 cups cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar® / Dixie Crystals® Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups Imperial Sugar® / Dixie Crystals® Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups 2% milk
- 6 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 6 peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
For filling, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, flour and salt. Stir in milk until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
Remove from the heat. Stir 1 cup into peanut butter until smooth. Gently stir peanut butter mixture into the pan. Pour over crust. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over peanut butter mixture. Sprinkle with peanut butter cups and peanuts. Drizzle with chocolate syrup. Yield: 15 servings.
To Make ahead: After peanut butter custard is pour over the crust, refrigerate overnight. Before serving, top with the sweetened whipped cream, peanuts, peanut butter candy and chocolate drizzle.