photo : http://rhodesbread.com
Braided Spaghetti Bread
original recipe: Stephanie Parker from PlainChicken @ http://rhodesbread.com/blog/blog/braided-spaghetti-bread
- 1 Loaf Rhodes Bread Dough or 12 Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed to room temperature
- 6 oz spaghetti, cooked
- 1 cup thick spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 –inch cubes
- 1 egg white
- Parmesan cheese
- Parsley flakes
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll loaf or combined dinner rolls into a 12x16-inch rectangle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest 10-15 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain and let cool slightly. Remove wrap from dough. Place spaghetti lengthwise in a 4-inch strip down center of dough. Top with sauce and cheese cubes.
- Make cuts 1 1/2-inches apart on long sides of dough to within 1/2-inch of filling. Begin braid by folding top and bottom strips toward filling. Then braid strips left over right, right over left. Finish by pulling last strip over and tucking under braid.
- Lift braid with both hands and place on a large, sprayed baking sheet. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Bake at 350°F 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly and slice to serve.