photo credit: http://simply-delicious.co.za
Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes
original recipe: http://simply-delicious.co.za/2012/01/16/blueberry-ricotta-flapjackspancakes/
Makes approximately 12 flapjacks (depending on size)
- 150g (5.29 ounces) flour
- 5ml (0.17 fluid ounces) baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 egg (I use extra-large free-range eggs)
- 125ml (4.23 fluid ounces) milk
- 50ml (1.69 fluid ounces) butter, melted
- 100g (3.53 ounces) ricotta
- fresh blueberries (to add to the frying flapjacks and extra to serve)
- syrup, to serve
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Combine the egg, milk, butter and ricotta in a separate bowl and mix well.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet.
- Gently mix in the wet ingredients until you have a smooth batter.
- Fry spoonfuls of the mixture in a warm, non-stick frying pan. Add a generous tablespoonful’s worth of blueberries to each flap jack (on the un-cooked side) before flipping over.
- Remove the flap jacks from the pan and keep warm in a low oven until ready to serve.
- Serve with syrup (I prefer Maple) and fresh blueberries.