These directions are for a 7 qt slow cooker
Crockpot Chicken Bacon Ranch Tater Tot Casserole
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 2-lb package of tater tots
- 1 and 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheese
- 8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled (I used maple bacon)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 pkg of dry ranch dressing mix (I used Hidden Ranch original)
- Place 1/2 the tater tots on the bottom of the crock pot, that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the cheese and 1/3 of the bacon over top.
- Place chicken pieces on top. You could season with salt and pepper but I didn't, as my chicken breasts came pre-seasoned.
- Place another layer of 1/2 cup of cheese and 1/3 of the bacon crumbles over top.
- Place another layer of tater tots on top and cover with remaining cheese and bacon crumbles.
- Mix the milk with the dry seasoning mix and pour over top.
- I baked mine in the crock pot for 1 hour on high and then turned it to low for an additional 3. Please be sure to keep an eye on your own while its cooking as different sized crock pots and makes and models cook differently. Yours might be just fine at 4 hours on low.