A grilled and easy way to prepare a delightful beef appetizer or main meat dish! Kids love the tenderness and sweetness, as do the adults
Sweet Teriyaki Beef Skewers
makes 24 servings
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice (optional)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 pounds boneless round steak, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- bamboo skewers, soaked in water
- Whisk brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, water, vegetable oil, and garlic together in a large bowl; drop beef slices into the mixture and stir to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap.
- Marinate beef in refrigerator for 24 hours.
- Remove beef from the marinade, shaking to remove any excess liquid. Discard marinade.
- Thread beef slices in a zig-zag onto the skewers.
- Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Cook skewers on preheated grill until the beef is cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.