This meatloaf recipe is the only one I use now because my family loves it, and it is very easy to make. Rave reviews from my family. The glaze on top was so good, my brother said it was like candy for dinner,,
makes 6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- 6 slices white bread, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard, divided
- 1/2 cup ketchup, divided
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix ground beef, onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix in bread, milk, egg, 2 tablespoons mustard and 1/4 cup ketchup.
- Press the meat mixture into a 9x5 inch loaf pan. In a small bowl, stir together remaining mustard, ketchup and brown sugar; pour on top of the meat loaf.
- Bake in preheated oven for 2 hours.