This is by far one of the best cake recipes. You simply must try it! 8) Very fun, refreshing, wonderful cake for summer! Enjoy!
Best Orange Creamsicle Cake
- 1 (18 ounce) box orange cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 (6 ounce) box orange Jell-O
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- 1 cup cold water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box orange Jell-O
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- Bake cake as needed in 9x13-inch pan.
- When baked and cooled, poke holes all over cake with meat fork.
- Mix large box of Jello with the waters and just let it start to set up.
- Slowly pour over the cooled cake and allow to run into holes all over cake.
- Chill cake until Jello is set.
- In large bowl, cream the cheese until creamy.
- Add the dry Jello powder, pudding mix, milk and the vanilla extract; beat well.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spread on cake and chill until served.