MaMa's Supper Club Tilapia Parmesan
- 2 lbs tilapia fillets (orange roughy, cod or red snapper can be substituted)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt (I like Old Bay seasoning here)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- black pepper
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In buttered 13-by-9-inch baking dish or jellyroll pan, lay fillets in single layer.
- Do not stack fillets.
- Brush top with juice.
- In bowl combine cheese, butter, mayonnaise, onions and seasonings.
- Mix well with fork.
- Bake fish in preheated oven 10 to 20 minutes or until fish just starts to flake.
- Spread with cheese mixture and bake until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Baking time will depend on the thickness of the fish you use.
- Watch fish closely so that it does not overcook.
- Makes 4 servings.
- Note: This fish can also be made in a broiler.
- Broil 3 to 4 minutes or until almost done.
- Add cheese and broil another 2 to 3 minutes or until browned.
- Thank you Mama's Supper Club in Wisconsin.