I've made this recipe in the past with awesome results!!! I just made it again, but when I went to grab my lemon flavoring (right in the middle of cooking the fudge!) I realized the bottle was empty! Not having a lot of time to think about it, I dumped in some raspberry flavoring instead, and added a little red food coloring. It turned out GREAT!!!! =D
Lemon Fudge Recipe
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) vanilla or white chips
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2/3 cup marshmallow creme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- Line a 9-in. square pan with foil. Grease foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large saucepan, melt remaining butter over low heat. Add chips and milk; cook and stir for 10-12 minutes or until chips are melted.
- Stir in marshmallow creme and extract; cook and stir 3-4 minutes longer or until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Chill until set.
- Using foil, lift fudge out of pan. Discard foil; cut fudge into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 pounds.