Kahlua Ice Cream Pie
- 9 ounces Chocolate wafer cookies
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter — melted
- 10 tablespoons Kahlua — divided
- 1 teaspoon Espresso powder
- 3 ounces Semi-sweet chocolate — choped
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted butter
- 1 pint Ice cream; vanilla, coffee ,or chocolate chip
- 1 pint Chocolate ice cream
- 3/4 cup Whipped cream
- In food processor, place half of cookies, breaking into pieces. Process to make fine crumbs. Repeat with remaining cookies. Add 1/2 cup melted butter and process with on-off pulses, just to blend. Press crumbs evenly onto bottom and up side of 9″ pie plate.
- Press crumbs evenly to rim. Bake at 325~ for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In small saucepan, heat 6 tbls Kahlua and espresso powder over low heat until warmed and powder is dissolved. Stir in chocolate and 1 tbls butter and stir until melted and smooth. Cool completely. Transfer vanilla ice cream to electric mixer bowl and allow to soften slightly. Add 2 tbls Kahlua and beat on low speed to blend. Spread over bottom of cooled crust and freeze until firm. Spread cooled chocolate mixture over ice cream in plate.
- Freeze until firm. Transfer chocolate ice cream to mixer bowl; blend in remaining 2 tbls Kahlua as above.
- Spread chocolate ice cream over sauce in pie. Freeze until firm. To serve, pipe decorative border of whipped cream around inside edge of pie.
Number of servings: 8